Student Dress Code
The Board has determined that the educational mission of the District will be enhanced if students dress and groom themselves appropriately to maintain an environment conducive to learning. Students will be expected to be dressed and groomed in a neat, attractive fashion, reflecting pride in themselves and their school. Uniform dress shall be required and it will be the parent’s responsibility to ensure compliance with the dress code.
Plain white shirts or blouses with collars and sleeves are to be worn. All shirts and blouses must be tucked in and appropriately fastened. If a T-shirt is worn, it must be worn under the white shirt.
If a sweater or jacket (not shirt) is needed due to weather conditions, a navy blue or white sweater may be worn at all times. The sweater may be either a pullover or button-type and the white shirt collar must be exposed.
- Boys shall wear navy blue slacks or shorts.
- Girls shall wear navy blue slacks, shorts, skirt, or dress.
Please note: denim jeans, sweat pants and nylon windbreaker style pants are not acceptable for students to wear to school.
All students shall comply with the following dress standards:
- Dress and grooming shall neither present a risk to the health, safety, or general welfare of students or others in the school nor interfere with or disrupt the educational environment or process.
- Dress and grooming shall not be contrary to curriculum goals and /or educational objectives, in a manner such as advertising, promoting, or picturing alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drugs, illegal, sexual, or violent behavior.
- In cold weather, students are permitted to wear jackets to school; however, they must be removed while inside the building.
- Clothing and jewelry shall not display lewd, vulgar, obscene, or plainly offensive language or symbols.
- Clothing may not have any logos other than the approved school logo patch, or the name of the school embroidered on the shirt.
- Hats, caps, and sunglasses are not to be worn in the buildings. Bandannas are not permitted.
- Clothing shall not expose the chest, abdomen, genital area, or buttocks and shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Clothing such as see-through or fishnet fabrics, low-cut tops, bare midriffs, and tight-fitting or excessively short shorts or skirts are prohibited.
- Properly fitted clothing is to be worn. Oversized clothing, extremely baggy clothing, or improperly fitted clothing is not allowed. Pants and shorts must be worn on the waist "sagging" is prohibited.